What do Parent Councils do?
The role of the Parent Council is to:
- support the school in its work with pupils
- represent the views of all parents
- encourage links between the school, parents, pupils, pre-school groups and the wider community
- report back to all the parents in the school (called the Parent Forum)
- play a role in the appointment of headteachers and depute headteachers
- support the school and pupils during school inspections.
Further information on the role of Parent Councils can be found in the guidance for the Parental Involvment Act (download below).